Wrasses with wrasses

coachd

Is it possible to keep different wrasses in one tank?
Can you keep different fairy wrasses together?
I am considering putting 3 or 4 wrasses in my tank(165). Either just fairy wrasses or a mixture of some fairy wrasses and some of the smaller wrasses. For some that have seen some of my other threads, I am still brainstorming on the population of my tank. I hope you do not get tried of all of the questions.

puffer32

Yes you can mix them, at least the fairy wrasses. I have a solar wrasse, and added a flasher later on. The solar was not keen on the fairy at first, chased him, but not to aggressively for a day, then it stopped. They get along fine now.

M

microlady

I don't know about the six-line. Mine is a total as-h-le.

Heather

coachd

I am setting up a 165 gal tank. I have been trying to decide between green chromis and anthians for a schooling fish, but know I am thinking about just getting three or four small wrasses. I have heard that they are pretty active swimmers and IMO are a lot more attractive then the green chromis and I believe easier to keep then the anthians. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

rcbruce

No problem. I have a 55 and 3 wrasses get along, but I do have a 6 line that thinks he's bull of the woods!

M

microlady

Read my other post. Sixlines are total jerks. I've had mine for 5 years and he tries to bully almost everything in a 100 gallon tank! If I could get him out, I would.

Heather