WT heck it happened again

socalracer

well I haven't added any fish to my 100g in awhile. Also I decided about a year ago that I wasn't going to buy any fish over 20 bucks as their are plenty of Cheap wonderful fish. Anyways for my b-day my girlfriend took me to the fish store and got me a fish. I've wanted a pygmy angel for awhile and I really liked the rock beauty. Well now that I get home I see it is one of the harder fishes to keep the thing I really wanted to avoid and i broke my 20$ rule. So any tips from successful keepers would be great.
and taking it back isn't a option.

socalracer

once i got home everything I read said they hardly survive and that they eat almost nothing but sponges....... please tell me I'm wrong

socalracer

is this angel also not a pygmy because I was told it was and now I am seeing that it can reach 8in in captivity

socalracer

just got him and the lights were off when I put him in.... I will try to feed tommorow..one thing that seems good is the specific one i got looks very healthy he is prob about 3.5 inches and looks nice and thick and very bright

socalracer

well I just fed my tank with marine cuisine from san fran company(?) and the angel ate pretty well.... at first he kinda was shy but once he ate the first bit he kept going hopefully this is a good sign anyone who has had success with them tips are appreciated

deejeff442

do you have a kid that might have dropped something in the tank?
i had the neighbors over for a bbq two days later my tank was very cloudy
i couldnt figure out why till someone told me the neighbors 18 month old was into my sump and dropped some food in it.

txfishman

keep nori in there all the time. Also go to the lfs and get some flakes (not sre on the exact kind but i am sure someone will see this and tell you) for your angel and feed that every other feeding time. Good luck with your new angel.
btw please post pics of him!

socalracer

he seems to be eating fine but I was wondering what would be the best frozen food to get (containing the sponge matter he needs) and if I baught a live sponge and put it in the tank would it benefit the fish? Obviously i could not keep doing this but possibly one every six months or so if this would go a long way in keeping him alive

cedarreef

Originally Posted by socalracer
http:///forum/post/2921783
he seems to be eating fine but I was wondering what would be the best frozen food to get (containing the sponge matter he needs) and if I baught a live sponge and put it in the tank would it benefit the fish? Obviously i could not keep doing this but possibly one every six months or so if this would go a long way in keeping him alive
Getting a sponge is probably a good idea... As for frozen food, use mega-marine angel frozen food and formula 2 or prime reef flakes... They will also benefit from the nori and mysis or brine

Best of luck with that beautiful fish!!!