WTB hardy beginner frags in CO

mayb keeper

The title says it all. I'm near Boulder, willing to go to most of metro area.
This is my first attempt at corals so the easier to care for the better! Thx.

sharkbait9

post your set up. What kind of lights and size of tank to help give an idea of what you can keep that will thrive in your set up

mayb keeper

I have a 75 gal with 300 watts of metal halide lights. It may be a little low, at 4 watts/gallon, but they are pendants so I can place corals that require strong lighting directly under them.
I only have a cuc in the tank right now and they are all doing great!! 100 lbs live rock and a dsb. I will add lr over time.
temp 78f
ph 8.2
alk 4
amm 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 0
I use reef crystals so I hadn't planned on supplementing anything until I get my feet wet(so to speak).

kwolfskill

Have you talked to any of the LFS's? There are a couple of good ones here; Aqua Imports in Boulder is pretty good, and what used to be Premier Fish and Reef down off of highway 285 and Wadsworth. They both should be able to help you.

neverenough

I have different frags - mainly softies
Starting at $5 a frag - give me a call
720-560-1791- I am in Aurora Colorado

jpc763

There is a great new LFS that specializes in corals up here in Fort Collins. Front Range Aquatics. He has small frags for $10 up to several hundred dollar show pieces. Steve (owner) is a hobbiest and is very knowledgable. I have gotten quite a few of my corals from him.
In some time, I will have some to frag, but not yet

All you CO folks, please update your profiles as to where you are in CO. That way, we know who is nearby!

kwolfskill

Originally Posted by jpc763
http:///forum/post/2512303
There is a great new LFS that specializes in corals up here in Fort Collins. Front Range Aquatics. He has small frags for $10 up to several hundred dollar show pieces. Steve (owner) is a hobbiest and is very knowledgable. I have gotten quite a few of my corals from him.
In some time, I will have some to frag, but not yet

All you CO folks, please update your profiles as to where you are in CO. That way, we know who is nearby!
Looks like I will be making a trip up to Fort Collins to check them out. I saw they are a dealer for Rod's Food, and want to try that. Having lots of quality options is always a good thing.
I also will someday have corals to frag (it's looking like my candy cane which is growing new mouths like crazy will be one of the first things to try).

ccampbell57

I saw the spread of great corals that Front Range has in --. Very nice. If you are looking for really nice show pieces, AquaMartOnline (aka. Premier) has a ton of lords of Acan, and some really rare sps right now. They also have some REALLY nice frags at a good price.
They continually get in great stuff.
Otherwise, there is Keys Island off of Santa Fe. Key runs a frag operation in back and has been doing so for many years. Check him out.

reeffreak3652

Hey Kwolfskill....I feed Rods food about every 3 days. It makes my Zoa's and Paly's grow like mad!!! I love the stuff, its a complete food for fish and coral.

crashbandicoot

In my opinion premire is the place to go in the metro area . I have yet to go to front range but I hear that it is top notch .