WTB in Midstate Illinois

mrstwig

I am just wondering what sources might be available in Midstate Illinois..........anybody on here live around the QC or Peoria that might know of good places or any sources? Thanks for any input windhaven77@mchsi.com :happyfish

thunder1

Im in Peoria , what kind of sources are you looking for ? I know just about everyplace around here that deals in corals , marine and freshwater if thats what your meaning .

mrstwig

Cool.....thank you for answering. The only SW store I've found in Peoria area so far is Super Pets. I am interested in corals, frags, all of it. It's hard to find a "live" store in this area. I would love any emails with good ideas if you don't mind.
Thanks so much!!
windhaven77@mchsi.com

phishead

Im from the Peoria area I just got into it about 6 montha ago already got a 37 and a 75
Im just sick of super pets ands fishin times I can order online but im starting to be interested in buying whole set ups seems to be alot cheaper let me know if theres any other sources around clubs esc.
Thanx Charlie
charlie7011@netzero.com :scared: :scared:

mrstwig

I've been to both stores in Pekin and wasn't impressed with either. I counted SIX dead or dying expensive fish in their way too small cubicles at Fishin Times and I was sickened and would never trust their stock. They were very nice and informative people but alas.....the stock was suffering. I am fortunate to live halfway between Peoria and the Quad Cities and if you are able to make the trip, the store in Davenport is very nice. I think it's called Aquatic Environment or something like that. Clean, well stocked in corals, very informative staff. They will have my business from now on.

scales1

That is a great store (Aquatic Enviroment) with a very knowlegabe staff. It was after walking in that store that got me interested in doing a salt water tank.

tnt

Hey guys, I live in Metamora! :cheer: I had no idea that there were that many people on here from this area. My cousin works at super pets, so I've shopped there a lot. I've had them order me fish and then call when they are in. Fishin Times seemed to have a lot of variety, but most of their fish looked so thin. Charlie's didn't impress me for saltwater, but if you need nice koi for a pond they're the place to go. Of course, ***** sucks. Are their any places in Bloomington any body's gone to? Does that place in QC have a website?
You know I was also wondering if there are any saltwater clubs in this area?
tntws6@mtco.com

rutz15

i am from washington illinois 10 minutes from peoria and i have been to both of the pet stores in pekin and didnt like either of them and ive been to super pets also and i was wondering if there are any other good fish stroes in peoria or around there...plz e-mail me lilrutz_5@yahoo.com

jbyrd

I live in Fulton, Il north of the QC area. I have been literaly all over the place. La Salle Peru, QC, Dubuque IA, everywhere in between. AQUATIC is by far the BEST store I have ever been to. IF they don't have it they will get it, you ask it they answere it, you want fish they ask what you have now and will steer you away if not a good combo of fish, NOW THATS A FISH STORE!!!! Doesn't matter what day you go there it is always busy. A++++++

michelle l

You guys all need to head over to Bloomington and visit The Mad Reefer. With the price of gas being as it is, call ahead and ask when shipments will arrive, because he gets wiped out almost as quickly as the livestock comes in.

newreefer2

I am just beginning but I am encouraged to see so many local folks, I live near peoria.
I would also recommend Mad Reefer near the interstate center in bloomington. Pet Supply in Bloomington has just opened a new store and some interesting tanks. The best selection seems to be in Champaign on Neil street.

cgrant

whatever you do dont go to pets unlimited in quincy ill, that guy will rob you blind!
I won a 72" coralife pc from him on e b ay and he never shipped it, i had to file a cliam with e b ay to try and get my money back, i am still waiting for a refund :mad: