WTB : Large tank in Al.

evilss

if you ever travel to gadsden then look up a place called langs tropical fish. the actually city that it is in is glencoe. they have good deals on scratch and dent items. it may be worth a call.

chipmaker

Give aquarium fantasies a call in Montgomery. I seen a 210 gal tank, stand and hood for sale there a couple of weeks ago. He often gets in used tanks etc. Also check on Aquarium Design in B'ham as they are supposedly going out of business and I have seen used tanks in their shop lots of times. Aquarium Design in B'ham is the one in Patton Creek area.

evilss

i havent heard that aquarium design was closing down. that really sux. a lil high on the price but had some nice stuff. when did you hear they were closing?

J

jrthomas40

what!!! aquarium designs is closing??? anybody know why???

chipmaker

I heard thru the grape vine that once the fellow that used to do all the coral propagation and fragging etc left and started his own business, there wa a tiff between those that were left. They then stopped accepting checks and credit cards and now only take cash. I found that quite inconvieinent since its not allthata often I walk around with a pocket full of greenbacks nor do most other folks. A little info here and a little there soon gave way to hints in other ways that they are closing the doors. The lfs owner in Montgomery supposedly went up there and looked at what was there and made an offer to buy it all, with the intentions of moving it all to Montgomery, and he was shunned by the present owner(s). I get inthere two or so times a week now, since early November, and its easy to see lots of empty space on the shelves and no restocking going on, and when asked if they will be getting such and such in they usually just say no......and walka away......Heard from some reliable sources the end of the year is it. Have also heard "BY April" at the latest......but one way or the other odds are its being closed. Evidently the fellow that left had all the brains on corals fish and how to run a business.......

evilss

thats terrible. im gonna have to go down there and see if there are any good specials going on.

J

jrthomas40

i was just in there last weekend and they took my card and had tons of corals in the back and bunch of fish...but the owner (the asian guy) was also in the back either moving some stuff in or loading it one...i will have to keep checkin back to see if i can get some stuff on the low low