wtb playsand in central ohio

zman411

does anybody know of any home depot's in central ohio that has southdown in stock
need to find sand to set up my 150 and a 220

wraithy

FYI,
It's not called SOUTHDOWN sand anymore. The company that used to make it went out of business. It is now called TROPICAL PLAYSAND. It comes in a red bag (almost the same as the old one).
The bag looks like this one but it doesnt say southdown on it.

zman411

Originally posted by wraithy
FYI,
It's not called SOUTHDOWN sand anymore. The company that used to make it went out of business. It is now called TROPICAL PLAYSAND. It comes in a red bag (almost the same as the old one).
The bag looks like this one but it doesnt say southdown on it.

FYI
You didn't answer my question at all!
so thanks for the usless piece of information you posted

sov82

You're a jerk. He was trying to help you. Its not Southdown anymore period. They were acquired by another company. Therefore, Southdown the company ceases to exist anymore. Therefore, you are looking for something that does not exist. Therefore, he did answer your question. No one carries Southdown anymore.
FYI.

ukcats

No one is going to help you if you treat people that way...
including me... I know your thinking ..no big loss...right???
I know where that sand is in the Columbus area.

Have a great day!!!!!
:cheer:

spicey

hey sorry im off the subject a little but does any one know where i can get that sand in south chicago?
thanks

ukcats

I mostly go to World of Pets on Turfway road. I've been to the HUGE one on River Road in Ohio too. I buy a lot of stuff online as well.

gregvabch

i think i've been there, they've got decent prices on aquariums if i remember right, and i think they had a nano set up right by the door...

crash519

Through all these post and the new name was never posted.
Yardright Tropical Play Sand

No it's not called Southdown anymore, but it's from the same plant. I believe it still references Southdown on the bag (small print).