WTB Refugium

fishsta

I am looking for any type of under tank or hob refugium for my 75 Reef. If anybody is selling theres please let me know! Thanks

fishsta

lol sorry i still dont understand? will mangroves lower nitrates? what else do they to for the water? Where can i get some mangroves?

T

thomas712

Personally I don't hear much talk about the mangroves like I used to. Chaetomorpha macro algea seems to have been very popular in the last couple of years, and is what I use in my fuge.
Thomas

C

clownnut

the marco algae can take out nutrition. but red mangrove can take out nutrition and waste in the water and that marco algae cant do. if u have a small reef systeam. u can replace ur skimmer with some mature red mangrove. of course we are not talkin a heavy loaded system.

corsuz

we have a 15 inch HOB refugium that's only 6 months old. We're breaking down as I am writing. It has a small coralife life to go on top. I also have a small rio pump that was supposed to be used with this, but we just used an extra return. Don't have an mud left or plants, paid $199 for setup which included the plants and mud and light. You could find the mud on another site for 19.99 and the plants we had came from our LFS for free. Let me know if you're intereseted. I can email you a pic to let you see the setup if you want.

the claw

Where are you at Fishta, I am parting out my tank and I have a 55 that is split down the middle, half fuge, half sump.

ralphs007

Hi Fishsta
Hi
I have a CPR 18'' refugium with 18 watt Pc light , only six months old 90.00 plus shipping. Send me your email if you'd like a picture.
Thanks
Ralph

fishsta

claw im in florida and i am interested in your refugium. How many gallons is it and is it still for sale? What does it come with im the fuge (skimmer, light, pumps?)? also how much are u asking for the system? Thanks