WTB Skimmer for 75 g tank

whirley

Hello.
I'm looking for a skimmer for something for a 75 g tank with 55 g sump. In-sump is prefered but not required.
Berlin or a Turbo floater would be nice.
Anyone have anything?
whirley

tinker1227

I have a Berlin skimmer with the tubo upgrade, only used the pump for about a month. I used it on my 75 gal. and it did fine. It also has all the parts to use as the classic with a different pump. $90.00 if you want it, let me know, Sue

whirley

What is the turbo upgrade? What kind of pump is it?
I'm kinda new to the Berlin skimmer thing.
whirley

tinker1227

The classic berlin has a venturi cone, the air and water mix in the inlet water pipe to the skimmer. Basically there is an air inlet hose that goes into the same inlet line as the water. The turbo pump has a turbojet impeller that mixes the air with the water in the pump, allowing for alot more contact time between air and water. Honestly, I like this skimmer, found it works well with this pump or with a pump such as a mag 7, like any skimmer it takes a while to get set just right but once it does it skims like crazy.
try this link:
http://www.redseafish.com/Product.as...D=35&proID=124

whirley

I don't need the skimmer. I decided just to drop down a more money and bought an ets.
thanks
whirley

I

iluvfish

Hi Sue!
I might be interested if you haven't sold it yet. What is your price again? And is this insump or HOB?

I

iluvfish

Quick question - I only have a 55 gal tank. Is this okay? Also, what are the dimensions? I don't know if it'll fit in my sump.
Thanks!

I

iluvfish

Well, I do have a sump that it would fit in, but then I don't have much room for anything else. Maybe I should buy a new sump/refugium. Anyone got one of those for sale?? Or do you have any other ideas?

tinker1227

I can tell you what I did, I bought a cheap 29 Gal tank and had some glass pieces cut and drilled at the glass place, then just siliconed the glass where I wanted it. If I had it to do over I would have changed some stuff around, but it works for me. I didn't spend much money, if you figure what some of these places want for sumps. As far as this skimmer, you also have to take the pump into consideration, as it's gonna take up some room too. But your most likely gonna have that problem with any skimmer. How big is your sump?