WTB Xenias in Oklahoma

sooners

I did. It was my favorite place--until they closed.

Are there any other good places in the Tulsa area?
I have some Xenia. Are you looking to trade?

vorlx

I went to Ultimate Reefs once, I uhm, have some 'history' with the owner so I stayed away for the most part. I heard it closed recently though.
I am looking more to buy as I don't really have anything to trade yet.

ghola5

oh my gosh when did they close? i didnt even know that, i havent been there in a few weeks gosh what happened?

vorlx

I think they closed for good last weekend I believe. They were having sells and what not. Supposedly he is still planning on doing maintenance and will try to open another storefront in the future.

ghola5

ohhh, geez.... now i dont know where im going to do my shopping from. Where do you go for corals and supplies?

hopping

There is a store at 61 and Sheridan SE corner next to the sushi bar a bit more expensive though.
I would like some of that xenia I don't have anything to trade right now but I’m placing an order tomorrow I’m getting some mushrooms and some other things what would you be interested in

vorlx

I usually get most of my livestock from the 61st and Sheridan store, Premier Aquatics. They are a bit on the high side but it is a nice store. Another smaller but decent one is Tulsa Aquatics around 51st and mingo.

reefmate75

i dont like Tulsa aquatics, i went there 1 time and i bought 2 fish! a flame angle and a blue hippo, after about a week in my tank they had spots of ick showing up, i knew there was a reason they where each 44.95 thats halfprice vs anywhere else you would go to get eather of them fishes, and when i was there i was looking at his corals, and it didnt matter how big or small the coral was he wanted 100 bucks, if you buy fish from TA use a QT as they are probly sick, there is also one on 31st and sharidan, aquairum oddballs, the owner is alittle loopy " i think hes on meth or something" but hes fair on prices, and has a huge selection of frags, im a frag buyer as i hate to see a large coral i bought die, and there went 100 down the drain

vorlx

Originally Posted by reefmate75
http:///forum/post/2465539
i dont like Tulsa aquatics, i went there 1 time and i bought 2 fish! a flame angle and a blue hippo, after about a week in my tank they had spots of ick showing up, i knew there was a reason they where each 44.95 thats halfprice vs anywhere else you would go to get eather of them fishes, and when i was there i was looking at his corals, and it didnt matter how big or small the coral was he wanted 100 bucks, if you buy fish from TA use a QT as they are probly sick, there is also one on 31st and sharidan, aquairum oddballs, the owner is alittle loopy " i think hes on meth or something" but hes fair on prices, and has a huge selection of frags, im a frag buyer as i hate to see a large coral i bought die, and there went 100 down the drain
I got my original used tank from TA, and a couple other things. I really don't care for them so much though and there hours are horrible for me. I went into AO one time and that place just seemed like a complete dump to me. I must have been in such a hurry to leave I didn't even see the frags.
I ended up purchasing some xenia frags a few weeks ago and they are doing great. What other hardy corals do you frag?

reefmate75

Originally Posted by vorlx
http:///forum/post/2466580
I got my original used tank from TA, and a couple other things. I really don't care for them so much though and there hours are horrible for me. I went into AO one time and that place just seemed like a complete dump to me. I must have been in such a hurry to leave I didn't even see the frags.
I ended up purchasing some xenia frags a few weeks ago and they are doing great. What other hardy corals do you frag?
i dont really frag, i cut back is all, xenia grows so fast in my tank its nuttz, i currently do not need to cut anything back, ghola took care of that for me
thanks ghola i do have 3 diffrent kind of star polyps i do cut back alot, if you want to pick it up, ill sell a pice off for $5
i like the one in the top left of that pic the most
yeah oddball is not the cleanest store oparater, the only decent place around tulsa is permier aquatics now that UF closed