WTT: My 150 watt MH for 4x24 watt T5 HO setup

reefman23

I have a ~7 month old 150 watt Hamilton Reefstar spendant complete with ~4 month old 14,000k Phoenix lamp.
I am looking to trade it for a complete 4x24 watt T-5 HO setup.
My tank is a 20L... 30" in length. I would prefer a retro-style kit that can be mounted in a canopy, but let me know what you have and where you are located. I am willing to ship/ meet half way if you are. =)
Thanks,
Jesse

tx reef

Why do you want to get rid of the MH?
The T5s are definitely inferior to your current lighting. Are you having trouble with heat?

sulley

i have two pc units coralife brand one is retro one is in the case. that i would trade you with cash of course. if interested BRETTSULLY1@aol.com.
they are both 130 total watts with one blue bulb one whitye bulb. i posted pics of them awhile back you might be able to find them it is under pc lighting for sale

reefman23

Originally Posted by TX Reef
Why do you want to get rid of the MH?
The T5s are definitely inferior to your current lighting. Are you having trouble with heat?
I wouldnt call a good quality T-5 HO system inferior to MH. You can get about the same output per watt with the two systems.
I have never had a problem with heat because I have a 20g sump with a fan blowing across the surface and the lighting is a pendant as opposed to a canopy. My temp never gets about 78.5*. My main reason for wanting to delve into T5's is that I keep mainly zoas and LPS. I prefer the fluorescence that you get with, well, fluorescent lighting. A 20L is not the best tank to have a single stand-alone MH. In addition, I want a canopy on this tank. with the MH, the canopy would have to be about 10" tall. That would just look silly on a 12" tall tank IMO.
Originally Posted by sulley

i have two pc units coralife brand one is retro one is in the case. that i would trade you with cash of course. if interested BRETTSULLY1@aol.com.
they are both 130 total watts with one blue bulb one whitye bulb. i posted pics of them awhile back you might be able to find them it is under pc lighting for sale
Thanks for the offer, but I am only really interested in T5 HO's with individual reflectors.
Jesse

tx reef

Originally Posted by reefman23
I wouldnt call a good quality T-5 HO system inferior to MH. You can get about the same output per watt with the two systems.
I have never had a problem with heat because I have a 20g sump with a fan blowing across the surface and the lighting is a pendant as opposed to a canopy. My temp never gets about 78.5*. My main reason for wanting to delve into T5's is that I keep mainly zoas and LPS. I prefer the fluorescence that you get with, well, fluorescent lighting. A 20L is not the best tank to have a single stand-alone MH. In addition, I want a canopy on this tank. with the MH, the canopy would have to be about 10" tall. That would just look silly on a 12" tall tank IMO.
Thanks for the offer, but I am only really interested in T5 HO's with individual reflectors.
Jesse
Cool.

Just wondering.
It is definately overkill to have MH if all you keep is softies and LPS.
Good luck on your trade.

reefman23

Originally Posted by snowboard
would you be willing to sell the mh light or are you just trading?
I *may* end up selling it, but I would have to find another unit first.
Jesse

reefman23

Originally Posted by snowboard
would you be willing to sell the mh light or are you just trading?
Hey snowboard... I'm trying to PM you but it is disabled. Do you mind pm'ing me? Id like to discuss something with you.
Thanks.
Jesse