X-mas rock

emperor11

Originally Posted by meg&ran
thanks..!
Right now I am using Kent Marine.
No problem. Kent Marine is quite good stuff, but its concentrated...not live. However, the corals don't care...they'll eat it just the same. However, live is healthier.

meg&ran

Yes, we are very careful with using it. when we first got the tank we over did it and almost lost all the coral because of the water quality. We now got everything just up to health.

emperor11

Originally Posted by meg&ran
What could marine snow do for it?
Marine Snow is a combination of many things. Basically it reproduces special bio-colloid, called "Marine Snow." Its a pretty important part of the food chain in marine eco-systems. I personally don't use it, simply because I don't have many corals (yet) but it certainly wouldnt hurt! Either way, I'd still be adding the phyto as well...simply because I don't know what kind of plankton Marine Snow is.

meg&ran

Thanks alot everyone for their comments. I just did a water change and hopfully that will help the worms in my coral alittle and this weekend im going to do some rearranging and i believe i will try to put it at the bottom of the tank to see what that may do with it... hopfully I can get my worms to make more of those beautiful feathers again. And I will try that dt's. I have alot of coral that may benifent from it.