Xbox 360 disk copying?

newbieabc

Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to make copies of 360 disks.
I tried Imgburn and Copycd.
Any help would be appreciated,
-Austin

johnbob

If your making a copy of your own xbox 360 game its perfectly legal. But selling the copies is extremely illegal. Also it isnt very easy. I can walk you through it though. Pm me and ill give you a link to a tutorial.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Johnbob
If your making a copy of your own xbox 360 game its perfectly legal. But selling the copies is extremely illegal. Also it isnt very easy. I can walk you through it though. Pm me and ill give you a link to a tutorial.
Really are you sure about that? I thought it would fall under the "REGULAR" dvd's where in the warning in the beginning it says "Unauthorized duplication of this DVD EVEN FOR NON MONETARY GAIN is strictly prohibited" is it different for games? I cant imagine so.

bexleyfish

I think you will need to buy a mod chip for your Xbox. This requires soldering it in the the mother board and potentially losing sound, color, or some other essential piece of the system. not worth it IMO

johnbob

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
Really are you sure about that? I thought it would fall under the "REGULAR" dvd's where in the warning in the beginning it says "Unauthorized duplication of this DVD EVEN FOR NON MONETARY GAIN is strictly prohibited" is it different for games? I cant imagine so.

yeah thinking about it now I think the DMCA made it illegal.
I think you will need to buy a mod chip for your Xbox. This requires soldering it in the the mother board and potentially losing sound, color, or some other essential piece of the system. not worth it IMO
You only need to hook the dvd drive up to your PC. Its still risky but its alot easier to replace the dvd drive than the whole system.

petjunkie

You are legally allowed to copy your own purchased dvds for a "backup" copy, you just aren't supposed to be doing it to rentals, borrowed movies, or to give or sell to someone else.