XBox Question

tangman99

I got an XBox for Christmas and it is great. I need to get a second controller and was wondering what would be the best way to go; another stock controller or one of the custom controllers?
I know there are a lot of XBox people here, so what do you suggest?
Any suggestions on must have items?

T

tuningvis

the ones that aren't made by xbox seem to be cheaper but less responsive ... sometimes even have button failure... i've seen some pretty nice ones not made by xbox... but you can't beet the price and reliability of the small xbox controllers...

A

autopilot

I never buy 3rd party controllers or memory cards. I have had some many fail on me in the past its not worth it anymore.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not an xbox person but from my exp it is best to stick with the vendor who makes the console. Also, in terms of features, it will all depend on the type games you like. If you like simulation, then you might want to get a controler that is better suited for that. If the games you like don't really benefit from additional bells and wistles gadgetry, then don't waste your money on it. Depends what you like. Some people like to feel vibrations of the control when something on the game is going to happen....I, personally don't like that.
Xbox Extras

tangman99

Thanks guys! That is what I was thinking also. The original feels really solid. Do you need memory cards with the XBox? I thought it saved everything on the internal harddrive.

A

autopilot

only time you need memory card is to take saves from one xbox to another.

dedwards

I would stick with the S controller. I bought a 3rd party controller and never use it because you have to smash the buttons for them to work. It becomes a workout before you know it.

pwnag3!!

the only 3rd party controller you should ever get is a logitech. You can buy a bad ass logitech wireless controller.

liontamer

I bring my controller s everywhere, they are great. Cant get much better than that. And the wireless? Who needs a wireless, the cable is like 10 feet long, lol.

saltcreep

get the wireless Logitec...... No wires and great response. Both of my xbox controller cables broke with in a year. I am getting wireless for all my consoles for now on:yes:

A

autopilot

Originally posted by saltcreep
get the wireless Logitec...... No wires and great response. Both of my xbox controller cables broke with in a year. I am getting wireless for all my consoles for now on:yes:

wow you must be hard on cables. They even come apart if anyone accidently trips on the cord. How the heck did you brake the cables????????? :eek:

fishy411

i have 2 madcatz wireless controllers. They work great and are cheap compared to the other wireless ones. Th eonly thing is that u need to be accurate when using the dpad. If u miss the button a little it will make you go diagonal instead of left or right but that is easy to get used to.

moray345

no dont get the logitech wireless it may work for a while but evry single one eventually has the same prob the "A" button sticks it is a oain in the A**

tangman99

I picked up another orginal S controller. No sense messing with something that is not broken. Thanks for the input.