Xenia already splitting???

cafero702

I got a pom pom xenia about a week and a half ago and it was 1 stalk.
The past couple days ive been noticing it split now it is 2 seperate stalks and almost like a 3rd one growing.
I have Power compacts is this heard of before? i Know they dont require much lighting But it is in the middle of my tank and my tank is about 22" high

flower

Originally Posted by cafero702
http:///forum/post/3104311
I got a pom pom xenia about a week and a half ago and it was 1 stalk.
The past couple days ive been noticing it split now it is 2 seperate stalks and almost like a 3rd one growing.
I have Power compacts is this heard of before? i Know they dont require much lighting But it is in the middle of my tank and my tank is about 22" high

Sounds like a happy xenia to me
if you turn the rock that it sits on, over on its side, the xenia will climb up and spread as it goes.

lil.guppy

I have 3 different kinds of xenia. When I got my white pom pom it split 4 stalks in a time line of 3 months and when I got it it was one arm! A very very very small frag to start with. I didnt even think it would make it.
The other 2 xenias I have had for almost a year and are not nearly as big as my pom pom.

sully677

I got mine back in late January probably. I think I got 3 stalks. It has doubled in size, and spreads more rapidly now that the tank is mature and healthier.

cafero702

I got 2 diffrent frags now one in 2 totally diffrent spots of the tank to see how they do
i hope it grows everywhere