Xenia attached to Hermit

jewban

So I have been growing this one lonely xenia stalk and it grew like crazy to where it was so large it was falling on itself, one night i noticed the rock it was on fell and the xenia was partially torn from its base, the next morning i woke up to find that the xenia was gone, or so I thought. Upon closer inspection i found that it had detached from the rock it was on and grabbed a ride with a hermit. Now, how in the hell am i supposed to remove the xenia from this little shell, or should I just sacrafice the hermit and leave it be? I would leave it there, but the hermit moves so much the xenia dont get good lighting or a stable spot. any help would be appreciated.
Ryan

blazehok68

I Had That Happen To Me Once, About 6 Months Ago. The Xenia Just Got Real Small Over Time And Then Just Dissapeared. Imo Take The Hermit Out, Peel The Xenia Off Of It And Reattatch It To A Rock.

B

billb

I would hope you get a photo of the xenia cruising around on the hermit though..before you do anything...

mudplayerx

I'd just leave it alone. The xenia doesn't have nematocysts, and it tend to grow so quickly that you will hardly miss it should it not survive.