Xenia Frag.

phelpz

Does Xenia tend to look like this after you frag it?
Its the first thing I've ever fragged, so I dont know if I did it right even....
I did this last night.

phelpz

It was growing off the edge of a rock so I just cut it with a razor blade, and then super glued it to a shell.
I did it the same way we fragged some pulsing xenia that seems to be doing really well.

ive never fragged a coral.. but if i do.. im gonna get a screen like you would put on a window and cut it in circles and then cut the coral but in on a rock (no glue) then put the net around it and put a rubber band on it.

L

lsu

Looks dead to me, I'd wait a day just to make sure and remove it if does not improve.

ric maniac

I have to disagree, if it dies it will desentigrate (sp?) its probably just mad, and it will take a day or 2 to open up.

fishkid2

Originally Posted by ric maniac
http:///forum/post/2485412
I have to disagree, if it dies it will desentigrate (sp?) its probably just mad, and it will take a day or 2 to open up.

Yeh if it was dead there would be nothing left to it. So just leave it in there and see how it does.

keri

Leave it, unless it melts it's just angry. I rip mine all the time lol and it just lays there for a while making "angry fists" at me but within a couple of days it's back to normal. (Stuff keeps reaching for my main rock pile! I've got to bring some in to the LFS)

phelpz

alright.
it does still look the same today as before.
my sister in law was telling me thats what happens with them.
i know more about fish so I wasnt sure if she was right.