xenia, kenya tree, and mushrooms???

luv4jjt

I aquired a couple xenia, kenya trees and some mushroom pieces the other day. I think i lost one of the xenia's and kenya trees. They disapeared. The mushroom's were just pieces though so all i could do was let them float away in the tank. How long does it take to find out if the mushrooms will grow from the pieces? And my other question is will my crabs eat any of them?

lil.guppy

Keep looking in your tank and they are bound to pop up somewhere.
With the mushrooms growing it all depends I think. Some people say theirs grow like weeds and like me, I have a couple single mushrooms that I have had for months and just recently got one to sprout another so it really depends.
The crabs wont bother them

melypr1985

I have a hermit that crawled on my only mushroom. it went from being the size of a silver dollar to almost nothing! I was so mad! The mushroom recovered but the point of the story is that the crabs wont eat the mushrooms, just irritate the fire out of you! lol!

mr.clownfish

Originally Posted by lil.guppy
http:///forum/post/3104493
Keep looking in your tank and they are bound to pop up somewhere.
With the mushrooms growing it all depends I think. Some people say theirs grow like weeds and like me, I have a couple single mushrooms that I have had for months and just recently got one to sprout another so it really depends.
The crabs wont bother them
i have 2 mushrooms that have not multiplied for over a year.

some people get lucky.

flower

You need some rubble rock and a quiet place in the tank (low flow)...put your mushrooms there and they will attach to the rubble, then you can glue the piece of rubble onto another rock where you want your mushrooms to grow.
xenia and the Kenya trees need to be attached as well. Use crazy glue gel to attach the rock they are on to the place you want them to grow. You can't just let everything float in the water and hope they attach like seeds in the air. That is how it is done in the open ocean but many don't make it. You want the few you have to survive, so you need to anchor them.
hope this helps.