Xenia not Pulsing

wilson2

mine has like three big stalks and they have slumped over and layed on the rock, but the little tentacles are pulsing and seem fine, is it possible they have just layed down because they have plenty of light and have no need to stretch upwards?

J

jamparty

i was under the impression that dosing with straight up iodine was a bad idear...
most people don't suggest dosing for iodine at all and if you do you use IODIDE because it's molecular build. Remember, iodine is in fact toxic... even though it's necessary. (humans need it as well)

perfectdark

Originally Posted by JamParty
i was under the impression that dosing with straight up iodine was a bad idear...
most people don't suggest dosing for iodine at all and if you do you use IODIDE because it's molecular build. Remember, iodine is in fact toxic... even though it's necessary. (humans need it as well)
I agree with that but depending on how often you do your water changes and how much, testing for it maybe necessary. I never had to dose anything in my tank but I know that Xenia eat up alot of Iodine.

mine have pulsed since the day after they hit the tank, some of it pulses like crazy. However, if its in a high flow area, it wont pulse nearly as much, or even stop. I just keep it in low flow areas and its always pulsing.

kynekke

Thank you all! With your help and advice I was able to perk up my Pink Xenia. It's not pulsing as much as it was but it's standing upright again and does pulse once in a while.