xiena

magooo2

It has infested my tank . I would like to take it in to my lfs(which they have agreed to take in trade). How would I go about removing it from the live rock and structure with out damaging it. I didnt think prying it up with a butter knife was the best option but who knows.....

grumpygils

Originally Posted by Magooo2
It has infested my tank . I would like to take it in to my lfs(which they have agreed to take in trade). How would I go about removing it from the live rock and structure with out damaging it. I didnt think prying it up with a butter knife was the best option but who knows.....

If you have a week or so, I put a small rock next to what I want to frag and it attaches itself.
MC

azocean709

I read a thread by MudplayerX on fragging xenias....it is very simple and worked very well for me...cut the stalks about a half inch above the rock....get some small live rock rubble. take a piece of rock put the xenia on it and put a piece of netting around it...not too small of netting, and not too big. I used the net that you get when you get a bag of onions at the grocery store....after putting the net around the xenia and the rock put a rubberband on it to hold the netting closed. and place them back in the tank. mine attached from between 1 and 3 days, then i took the net off, set them back in the fuge, and they went to growing. the half inch stump in your tank will grow new heads on it.. i guess if you wanted to get rid of it..just scrape the stump off the rock.

murph

Most LR is pretty soft. Might try cuting away a piece of the rock the stalk is already attached to with a sharp utility knife.

magooo2

I was really just looking for a safe way to remove(frag) from the rock so I can then transport it to the LFS. Thanks for the info.....