XM bulbs

guppie

I am getting ready to change out my MH bulbs, I have always used 2 175W Ushio 10K bulbs with a combo of 206W PC actinic over my 55gal. I like the look and my coral do well with this setup but I was thinking that I would like a little more blue. I have done the search thing and read everything about the xm bulbs, the only question I have is how blue are the 20k bulbs, with the pc setup I already have I don't want it to be too blue, but I would like a little more blue then it is now, and how to the 10K xm compare with the 10K Ushio? Thanks for your help in advance.

nas19320

Why not look at something like the Hamilton 14K's? I run 10K XM's and I like them. They are the highest PAR 10K bulb on most ballasts.

golfish

The 10K XM's will be whiter then your Ushio's so that should make the tank a little more on the blue side..The 20K XM's that I have seen are really blue, you might try one of each and decide from there.

reefnut

I just switched from 10k XMs to 20k XMs and the 20k are BLUE!! A little to blue for me so far... also, I ran 10k Ushios before the 10k XMs and like the XMs much better. I think you've made a good choice.