XM or Sirius?

jacknjill

I want to get satellite radio, but i dont know whether to get XM or Sirius? What are your opinions/experiences? Also, Sirius has the S50 and XM has the Samsung Nexus, any pros or cons on either one? Anyways, i just need some help deciding. Thanks!

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by JacknJill
Any reason in particular?
IMHO i would get sirius. my dad does valet and says he likes sirius a lot more. and we have it. also they have howard stern

demartini

i have the s50 its really nice but you have to have it in the reciever to listen to the radio...you can also record on it

pontius

I bought Sirius (the Starmate one) because of Howard Stern. it is a Stern fan's dream because they loop his show pretty much around the clock. Bubba the Love Sponge (also on Stern's channel) is pretty good too.
there are 3 standup comedy channels: Blue Collar Comedy Channel, Raw Dog Comedy (uncencored comedy), and Laugh Break.
I surprisingly found that I like a show on the gay/lesbian channel too: Michaelangelo Signoreli. even though I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that, like Seinfeld and Costanza would say).
there are a ton of music channels (about 12 rock channels I think). Elvis and Springsteen have their own channels.
lots of news talk channels. Sirius has rights to the NFL and NCAA if I'm not mistaken.
so yeah, I'd go with Sirius. but mostly because of Stern, since that's pretty much all I listen to since they play his show non-stop now.

sharkbait9

Xm Satellite Radio. Opie And Anthoney And Little Jimmy Norton Rule!!!!!!!! Howard Stern Eats The

[hr]
Of A Dead Goat. Howard’s A Pompas Ass And Can’t Even Be Bothered To Entertain His Audience.
He Spends More Time On Vacation Then On The Radio. Hoo Hoo Hoo, Alican Look At Me I Invented Everything.
Spreading The Viruse

philgmiami

sirius
..i have sirius in my car and xm on my satilite tv in my home.. i think they each have some good things about them...i like xm on the weekends, they play some good techno

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by emmitt2
Lol, Opie and Anthony compared to Stern... Now thats funny!!
No comparison, Sirius

i like to listen to live broadcast not loops of last years show. So your right, no comparison O&A

demartini

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
Xm Satellite Radio. Opie And Anthoney And Little Jimmy Norton Rule!!!!!!!! Howard Stern Eats The

[hr]
Of A Dead Goat. Howard’s A Pompas Ass And Can’t Even Be Bothered To Entertain His Audience.
He Spends More Time On Vacation Then On The Radio. Hoo Hoo Hoo, Alican Look At Me I Invented Everything.
Spreading The Viruse
hmmm...oookkk well lets see well XM is dirt cheap compared to sirius...could it be bc of Howard Stern and the booming business he brought to sirius...he must be entertaining quite a bit of people... no question about he's the best
and also the Gay station is awesome! funny as hell!

emmitt2

i like to listen to live broadcast not loops of last years show. So your right, no comparison O&A

Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about. Other than a recent 2 week vacation, stern is live every day except some fridays which is actually great since they recap the weeks happening's. On a real show there is actually funny stuff you want to hear again or hear more about

johnny84

I have both XM and Sirius, XM has better music channels, Sirius has better talk stations, so its really personal preference.

threed240

Originally Posted by Johnny84
I have both XM and Sirius, XM has better music channels, Sirius has better talk stations, so its really personal preference.
Thus is true! I have the Sirius Starmate Replay in my car and I love it, however I have heard XM and its good too. They are the same price, when I last checked($12.99 a month). The Blue collar comedy channel is great on Sirius. Channel 103, its new I think. And its not Larry the cable guy, and the other three all the time. You can pause, rewind, fastforward, and record on my Starmate Replay. Plus it fits perfectly in the DIN space under my radio.

pontius

so Opie and Anthony (Stern ripoffs) are live 24/7? because every new Stern show is played 4 times a day and once on the weekend, so his fans don't have to miss one minute. they don't loop old shows, if they play an old show, it is when the new shows aren't running.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by Pontius
so Opie and Anthony (Stern ripoffs) are live 24/7? because every new Stern show is played 4 times a day and once on the weekend, so his fans don't have to miss one minute. they don't loop old shows, if they play an old show, it is when the new shows aren't running.
Oh my god, stern rip off, you are a droid. This will prove my point and dispel all other none sense. Howie was quoted as say
“ for the past ten years he was doing sub par radio. So I’m going to go to satellite were the FCC can not sensor me” Right or wrong? RIGHT
So if O&A are stern rip offs, then why is it when supposedly stern was doing sub par radio O&A were making a fan base and a huge following at the same time? And all while they were off the radio for two years came back and blew up and now are taking over markets that howard lost?
Stop listening to a hack, and listen to real talk radio.
So by that logic howie can’t do radio with out talking trashy and being a total woman basher and using women as objects.
How I will say back in the 80ies and early 90ies stern was funny, then cam O&A and started to take audience members away and howie got upset.
Be a free thinker and stop being lead like sheep by ho ho howie
O&A shows are replayed also every day and then on the weekends the worst of gets played.
Hoo hoo hoo robin ahh there ripping me off by calling it the worst of the week...robin

emmitt2

Originally Posted by Jmick
I'm sorry, but only a chump would pay for radio.
Interesting, i'm sure that you pay for cable/sat. tv dont you chump?

care to try and explain the difference

p.s.- guess you never bought any cd's either. Why pay for music when radio is free, right?