XM or Sirius?

demartini

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
Oh my god, stern rip off, you are a droid. This will prove my point and dispel all other none sense. Howie was quoted as say
“ for the past ten years he was doing sub par radio. So I’m going to go to satellite were the FCC can not sensor me” Right or wrong? RIGHT
So if O&A are stern rip offs, then why is it when supposedly stern was doing sub par radio O&A were making a fan base and a huge following at the same time? And all while they were off the radio for two years came back and blew up and now are taking over markets that howard lost?
Stop listening to a hack, and listen to real talk radio.
So by that logic howie can’t do radio with out talking trashy and being a total woman basher and using women as objects.
How I will say back in the 80ies and early 90ies stern was funny, then cam O&A and started to take audience members away and howie got upset.
Be a free thinker and stop being lead like sheep by ho ho howie
O&A shows are replayed also every day and then on the weekends the worst of gets played.
Hoo hoo hoo robin ahh there ripping me off by calling it the worst of the week...robin

LOL...you my friend...are crazy... I loooooove "Howie"...i will be devastated the day he retires!

cowfishrule

go with xm over sirius.
better channels
oh yeah, f howard
opie n anthony are much better.
oh yeah, i hope you enjoy the howard loops.
he has fridays off and all of august, he is off.
guess thats what you can do when its not about the fans anymore.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by Jmick
I'm sorry, but only a chump would pay for radio.

i said the same thing until i just lost my mind at all the f'n commercials that i had to endure.
now, its worth the money just to not have to listen to commercials. some really really bad ones might i add.

pontius

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
So if O&A are stern rip offs, then why is it when supposedly stern was doing sub par radio O&A were making a fan base and a huge following at the same time? And all while they were off the radio for two years came back and blew up and now are taking over markets that howard lost?

funny, because I remember when he was doing "subpar" radio (his admission, not mine) he was the #2 most listened to radio host in the entire country behind only Rush Limbaugh. the only time he EVER lost listeners was when he was removed from markets, which happened often towards the end of his run on regular radio. and it was NEVER due to lack of listener support.
he has only been on Sirius for 6 months and they are already closing the gap with XM. in fact, XM offers cutrate deals for people not to cancel their XM subscriptions. Sirius has outsold XM since Stern has been on and have added 4+ million subscribers since he signed on. please explain this away if you can.

pontius

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
he has fridays off and all of august, he is off.
guess thats what you can do when its not about the fans anymore.
he is not off every Friday, it comes out to about every other Friday. and even when he is not there, Gary and other cast members are there doing. also, please show the link that says he's off all of August, because I have not heard this. and until I see it, I call bull.

djevack

Not sure if this was said, I looked over the thread but didn’t see anything about this: XM has two satellites, "Rock" & "Roll", not many people know this but two years ago there was a major solar flare from the sun which can damage satellites if in the way.
Sirius at that time had a total of three satellites, all of which had the ability to move into different orbits. However XM did not. Therefore, when the solar flare hit earth XM's "Rock" was damage and now only works at partial strength. What I’m getting at is XM has one fully operational satellite and one partially working; Sirius has three fullly operational satellites. Therefore people get stronger signals from Sirius on average then XM. Not to mention if another solar flare hits earth you can bet Sirius will be fine. As for XM it could finish off the satellites.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by Pontius
also, please show the link that says he's off all of August, because I have not heard this. and until I see it, I call bull.
i heard it on both 95.5 and z100
im looking for the link, or some kind of news article and i cant find it.
all i can find is friday's off in august- maybe thats what it is.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by Nymustang7
XM.Opie and anthony still look forward to do there show.Ron and Fez are a huge plus also

ron n fez rock
i am bummed though that ferall jumped to loser sirius.
i think he would have rocked on xm

pontius

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
ron n fez rock
i am bummed though that ferall jumped to loser sirius.
i think he would have rocked on xm
he didn't just jump to Sirius, he jumped to Stern's channels. as far as "loser sirius", again, Sirius has far outsold XM in 2006 (since Stern came on).