Y wont my clowns host its bubble tip??

-tara33-

false percs or true for that matter very rarely or never use bubble tips if you really want them to use an anemone then get a magnifica, but they do get big, but i have seen small ones. good luck

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Gwiley
http:///forum/post/2763234
you could always try to "force host". this is done by many LFS. what you do is put both the clown and nem in a bag and slowly pour water out of the bag. this will force the clown to swim close to the nem, showing him that he can swim in it. Hope that helps!
That's a great way to kill a Clownfish unfortunately.
My captive bred Occ. Clowns hosted my BTA after about 6 months.
It took several days. The female began by hovering over the anemone. Each day was closer and closer. Then she lightly began pulling at individual tentacles with her mouth. From there she lightly would swipe across the top of it. Finally she moved in.
Trying to force this would never have occurred. While I understand the theory that "hosting" is a learned behavior, clearly it's also a genetic one. She "knew" what to do.
Give it time. As your tank, and Clowns, mature they will begin to behave more naturally. While BTAs are not typical hosting anemones, they are one of the best anemones for an aquarium and can/will work.

bigleman

i've had an LTA and a Occ for about 9-10 months
they just got together last night!
the LTA was actually the one who found the clown
he moved all the way across the tank to where the clown sleeps at night and set his foot there.
next thing i know the clown is playing around in the anenome, it was really neat!
good thing this happened AFTER the LSU/Auburn game