yay! I have fish!

littleliza

woohoo! My fish arrived. I'm dripping them now. I got a fire shrimp too, and I'm a little worried about him. He's still laying on his back after 45 minutes of dripping, but he twitches now and again, so I still have hope! Everybody else looks really good. I got a pistol shrimp & hi fin goby pair and the pistol shrimp is the tiniest little thing ever! He's fiesty, though. I got 2 peppermint shrimp for my aipist... bad anenomes, too, and they're raring to go. I'm still holding them back for more dripping, though. One of them must have molted while shipping. Is that common? I've got a complete exoskeleton in there with them. Yay!!! I'll let you know more as we progress and hopefully get some pictures. I'm so excited! :cheer:

littleliza

well, after 3.5 hours of dripping my fire shrimp has stopped even twitching. I'm a little concerned he's dead.
How long do I wait before I can be sure he's gone? Everyone else has been doing well, although my goby did jump the back of the tank while I was messing around with water levels into the first chamber in the back. When I tried to shoo him back over he jumped directly out of the tank and onto my counter. After a few attempts I was able to get him scooped up, hopefully with no more damage to him than he had already sustained, and get him back in the tank. He's still swimming around, so fingers are crossed all is well.

soo high

i think the shrimp is dead sorry to tell you this becauce 3.5 hours and not moving yea he's dead and your goby 50/50 he could die in a couple of days because jumping off a high place can injury him inside so just cross your fingers

littleliza

well... I had to leave for work, but didn't want to just leave the fire shrimp, so I put him in my tank in case of a miracle. No such luck... and now I don't have a body for reimbursement, I came home to a couple pieces of carapace and that's all I've found so far. My goby is still alive today, so I've still got my fingers crossed for him. He's holed up in a live rock hole with my new, tiny, candy pistol shrimp.

computrgk

i had my jawfish/engineer fish jump up out of the tank onto the floor at a drop of 4 feet and that was almost a month ago and he is doing fine so i would hold out lots of hope on your goby he should be fine keep the fingers crossed though

littleliza

thank you... he came out of his hole to eat last night, so that was promising. I took a couple pictures of him (of course) so when I get the camera hooked up to the computer again hopefully I can get some better quality pics. He's a really pretty fish.
It's a 12 gallon jbj nanocube deluxe. I have about 20 lbs. of live rock in there at the moment. I had arranged it better the first time around, but then I added more rock, so I had to push everything forward to make room. It's hard to fit everything in how you want in such a small space. The lfs had mostly larger chunks of rock. I'm still pretty happy with it, though.