YAY New lights!!!

shwstpr88

Yay I just won a new 72" Nova Extreme 12 light T5HO for....300 bucks!!! I am so excited to get some corals now!!!
I would love it if you guys could suggest some stuff I can start out with, I have a finger sponge right now and a Flower pot coral.
I cant wait for this thing to come in!!!

the_bandit

Congradulations!

If that is a 12bulb T5HO fixture, you can probably keep anything you want. Im not sure if they make fixtures with that many bulbs but either way you got a steal.
I dont know too much about your setup but for now I would focus on LPS and Softies. 6-8months on your tank before you should put SPS in.
Some nice softies to get would be:
GSP
Xenia
Kenya Tree
Mushrooms
Zoos (Come in dozens of colors and sizes)
Daisy Clovers
*Most of these will spread like wild fire once they settle into the tank so be careful*
Some good LPS are:
Frogspawn
Hammer
Torch
Galaxia
Trumpet/Candy Canes
Goniporia
Depending on where you get these corals, the lighting may be higher or lower. I would suggest starting off putting them at the bottom and over a few weeks, moving them higher. Do plenty of research on the needs too.
Some good SPS once your tank is ready would be:
Digits
Birdsnests
Monti Capri
Goodluck. Make sure to post pics when you get them

J

jstdv8

yeah, is it the pro model or the regular nova extreme, the pro has the individual refelctors

shwstpr88

Hey thanks for all suggestions I cant wait for it to get here.
And yes it is the nova extreme PRO! So each light has its own individual reflector!