yaya Algea algea please help

thejdshow

I sure will get some soon. Pretty empty right now. Some green shrooms, and some green star polyps. 1 Clarkii, 1 Cleaner. All very healthy, The clarkii had ich. I just moved him back into the display tank today. Did a hypo for just over a month in a seperate tank with him. So that is kind of why my tank is empty. That set me behind about a month. My email is jdirosa@gmail.com if you have any new pics of your tank you can feel free to send em to me! Insperation is a good thing :yes: Thanks again for all your help!!!
*JD

who dey

Originally Posted by Thejdshow
I sure will get some soon. Pretty empty right now. Some green shrooms, and some green star polyps. 1 Clarkii, 1 Cleaner. All very healthy, The clarkii had ich. I just moved him back into the display tank today. Did a hypo for just over a month in a seperate tank with him. So that is kind of why my tank is empty. That set me behind about a month. My email is jdirosa@gmail.com if you have any new pics of your tank you can feel free to send em to me! Insperation is a good thing :yes: Thanks again for all your help!!!
*JD
i'll tell you what! alot of people talk sh#* about uv sterilizers but if i were you and your battling ick, get one!! either some act of god cured severe ick off one of my false percs or the uv kicks ass! i'm thinkin it kicks ass. no problems since i plugged it in. (knock on wood) :eek:

who dey

Originally Posted by WHO DEY
i'll tell you what! alot of people talk sh#* about uv sterilizers but if i were you and your battling ick, get one!! either some act of god cured severe ick off one of my false percs or the uv kicks ass! i'm thinkin it kicks ass. no problems since i plugged it in. (knock on wood) :eek:
they can fend off algae also

thejdshow

Going to get my clean up crew after I get out of work. I get out of work at 5, home by 5:30, to the fish store by 6:30, leave there by midnight (they seriously are soo slow there), leave there by 7:30, get home in time for the PISTONS GAME!!! Hope this takes care of my problem. I am thinking im going to get 3 more turbo’s, and like 10 Scarlet crabs. What do you guys think?

trainfever

I wasn't being condisending. I was merely telling you that there are certain things that are more imprtant than others. Although good lighting is important, you have to get your tank situated first. Right now you have high nitrates and plenty of light. The two things that algae needs to grow, and nothing to take away the algae. If you had less light and more of a clean up crew, your algae would be under better control. Another thing that could be causing algae is phosphates, check into that. That is another thing that is more important than lights, a good test set.

thejdshow

nitrate today was under 10... which is good from my understanding, given the age of the tank. The reason I bought lights so early is because I got a good deal on them. Anyways I now have 10 crabs, and 5 snails total. should this suffice?

trainfever

I would recommend at least 1 snail and 1 hermit for evry 5 gallons of water in our tank. I have 15 snails and 15 hermits in my 45 gallon tank which gives me 1 of each for every 3 gallons. I also have a 20 gallon sump which holds another 15 gallons of water and 5 gallons of that is my refugium and there are 3 hermits and 12 snails in there. Not to mention about 20 feather dusters :D They came in on the live rock and some of the macroalgae. :joy:

thejdshow

I had a ton of feather dusters come in (pry about 20) with my lr. I wanna set up a fuge as soon as I learn more about them. Probly like a 20 gallon fuge, but first I need to re-setup my QT.
Do you have a pic of your tank train?