Yeah, I am so excited...

tonya-sr

hey kpk, check ryan miller's thread, i posted your answer to the question of my clam. thank you for asking.
on your new halides, i can't wait to get mine.

kpk

tonya it could be many reasons for you clam too fall, bu it definitly is time for some halides. It way have not liked the conditions anymore etc. ya know. Here is a few pics, I love the color so far. It is a pfo dual 250w hqi ballast with pfo sockets and 14k hamilton bulbs. Hope you like, I sure do. It's really a bright white right now, with the 2x110 vho actinics.

D

daniel411

Congrats! I'd be a bit cautious having the ballast sitting under your tank like that.

D

daniel411

Can you make a secure shelf with some wood under your stand?
Try and protect it from accidental water leaks. As well as keep it away from other things, as it will get hot.

kpk

Right now daniel it is sitting about 2 inches off the ground, if thats what you mean. I need to figure something out to have it outside my stand, maybe. Thanks for warning me.
Thanks tonya, I need to clean the coralline off my front glass and my protein skimmer is spitting micro bubbles so I will take a pic in a few days when it's cleaned and the bulbs have had time to burn in. :)

nm reef

You are gonna love the change! I'm running a PFO dual 400 with 10K Ushios and 2x110 URI actinics....over a 100 display. Keep us updated as your system acclamates to the new lighting.:yes: