Yeah I got some new corals!!

ebsochin

Thought I would share some pics I got of my new additions to my 180. :jumping:
:cheer:

The first one is a frag of pink millipora.
Second is an acro colony, not sure the specific type.
Third is a purple nana.
Fourth is a red digitata.
Fifth is a staghorn, not sure the specific type.
I'll post a reply with a few more pics I got. Hope everyone enjoys. I'm so excited, moving up in the reef world, from softies to LPS and now finally some SPS. Man they have so much color to them!!!

ebsochin

Here are a few shots I got from the side of the tank. Different view of things. Enjoy as always. The last one is with the acro and a new frag of green millipora.

ebsochin

Blemmy_Guy thanks for the comments. It's always great to add some color and variety to the tank.
ViPeR_930- What can you tell me about the Humilis, as far as needs etc. I now strong light and current but is there anything else. I've just started with the SPS and have fallen hard for them. I just want to succeed as I have with other corals.

ebsochin

connor- Super glue gel. It can get tricky with smaller pieces but nontheless it works awesome.
dougai and carshark- Thanks for the comps.

ebsochin

Humilis likes high flow and light.
Thanks- are they slow growers?? I know most sps are slow but I was told the purple nana will grow quickly as well as the staghorn.

viper_930

You should expect the humilis to not grow nearly as fast as the other three, because it's branches are much thicker.

ebsochin

Connor/SSweet1/JayC - Thanks for the comments. One sad note though...
I think the purple nana isn't going to make it. I was looking at it this morning and the purple tips are now white. Thankfully I didn't pay anything for this frag as the company I purchased from thru it in for free. I'm going keep watching it.

ebsochin

Well unfortunately 3 of the frags are gone...
The purple nana lost it's purple tips and bleached, the pink milipora and green milipora succumbed to RTN :mad:
Really nothing I could do. On the brighter side, the two large colonies are doing well along with the digitata. I guess I'll keep my eyes out for a few new frags....

ebsochin

Did You Have A Clam In There?
NOFISH, yes there is a clam in the tank. I posted a picture in another thread about clams, but why do you ask?