Yellow arms coming from rock and sand?

shnabbles

I first noticed these a long time ago... very skinny little yellow arms coming out of the rocks.... .. now they are all over the place... coming out of the sand.... coming out of the rocks... they are all over the place... they grab food and stuff in the water... when i stir up the sand they look like little shutes... or little worms... but like i said they have long yellow arms that come out.. they arent really flowing in the water they are more spread out on the rocks and sand waiting for something to come by and touch them....
any ideas?

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
I say baby brittle or serpent stars or similar. They hitch a ride on live rock. Hard to say for sure without a photo. I found this in my Nano yesterday. Started out barely visible as you describe...this is several months after I saw the first itty bitty legs hanging out of live rock...

shnabbles

These are definently not brittle star legs, iv had and seen them before sticking out from the rocks... these legs are skinnier... longer... and a bright yellow or green..... when i stir them out of the sand bed their body is about a half inch to an inch long and is a dark green color... i just replenished my clean up crew im hopping something finds them delicous lol

burrito

are they yellowish kind of color and look like a beast and do it swim? if not then the only choce left is you should buy a stunk cleaner shrimp it might look whatcha call it stuff that start with a a word lol it will eat those :) then it will be gone in no time

novahobbies

I'd guess Peanut worm. It can extrude it's mouth to a pretty long, thin tube. They're usually pale tan to yellow, but can be other colors. Overall considered a "good" reef hitchhiker.