Yellow H. Erectus?

old_salt

One of the LFS's has some yellow seahorses that are tank raised. I believe the owner because they are very small and eating frozen food. The problem is they don't know what they are called. They have the crown on the top of their head like my H. Erectus but I can't find examples of yellow H. Erectus in any of my books. I would like to pick up a couple if they are as I'm trying to prevent any cross breeding. Anyone hear of yellow H. Erectus? Thanks.

teresaq

yes, there is yellow. swf.com has them, and if you look at the pictures of my girls, one of them was yellow. It may change colors once in your tank. They will change to thier tank environment

old_salt

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
yes, there is yellow. swf.com has them, and if you look at the pictures of my girls, one of them was yellow. It may change colors once in your tank. They will change to thier tank environment
Thanks Teresa! Now I have to wait on an answer over on the Disease board as to whether or not it is possible for seahorses to carry Brook. The LFS that has these seahorses had put them in a tank with a pair of clownfish that definitely had Brooklynella and I don't want to risk passing it on to any of my fish or seahorses.

teresaq

I would def Qt them. also, If you are a member of the other Seahorse place, ask there. There are experts in diseases that could answer that question.
TeresaQ
Are the horses you have now kuda or erectus.

old_salt

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
Are the horses you have now kuda or erectus.
The horses I have now are all erectus. I have 4 adults (3 are males) and was considering picking up a couple of females since these were also erectus. I stopped by again today and one of the 2 had died last night and the other wouldn't eat live brine. I just had another one that I bought from this store die last night that wouldn't eat so I won't be doing this again. I thought I might be able to get her to eat if I tried enough different foods but she only ate two brine shrimp the 4 or 5 days I had her. The male seems to be doing a lot better but then he is still only eating live brine and ghost shrimp (both enriched with Selcon and Vita Chem). I will check back in a few days but I really don't expect she is going to be around much longer.