yellow head eel

H

hewetton

Are you talking about Fimbriated eel? I think they are not as mean as people think (probably because of sharp teeth sticking out). They are very secretive by nature, so unless you don't perturb it on purpose, it won't bite you or do any harm. But keep your hand out of your tank in case. Of course, you cannot keep any fish smaller than its mouth.

gasguzzler

They are the same thing. Ive seen one chew a 12" minitaus grouper in half in three bites, two minutes after being introduced to the tank. A member on this site was having trouble with his going after his triggers, especially his largest queen. I would save them for a species only.

nickfish

Still, try the snowflake eel. Its almost impossible for them to die. They are a great eel to start whith. They are beutiful and don't get any bigger than 2 or 3 feet.

H

hewetton

Really? That's quite a horror story. I've seen them co-exist with other eels/fishes without any problem. It might be aggressive at times, but it's still one of the best Gymnothrox eels that can be kept in captivity. Maybe the one that ate 12" miniatus had probably been starved for months or something. Snowflake is still the best of all, but all I'm saying is if you want to try something different....

liontamer

Originally posted by MR_Krabs
could i put a SFE and a chainlink eel in a 55gal with my V.lion?

Id say ditch the volitan in a year and get a dwarf, or do so now, cz the volitan will grow roughly 1/4 the size of the tank, no joking. How big is it now? If u like the way volitans look, id go after a dwarf zebra or an antenatte instead.