Yellow polyp muncher?

T

tiredoldman

Something in my 40 breeder reef tank has taken a liking to eating my yellow polyps. Everything in my tank is suppose to be reef safe. Here is a list of the tank current inhabitants. Royal gramme, blennies a red lip, scooter and spotted, Damsels Electric blue, orange tail and plain blue, Scissor tail Gobi, Small flame hawk, Sally light foot, coral banded shrimp. cleaner shrimp, 2 emerald crabs, 25 small 1/3' to 1/2' assorted hermits, brittle star and 20 snails. 2 times I have put yellow polyps into my tank and they have vanished off their rock. water checks fine and I have approx 700 GPH of water flow in the tank. Lighting is 270 watts of compact bulbs. It is only the yellow ones that are vanishing. My starburst, brown and green polyps are doing great and even expanding same with my mushrooms. Any one have any ideas? If it was my crabs that were vanishing I would say the flame hawk but I have never heard of them eating polyps

viper12775

hello if you added any rock lately you may have a crab eating them at night i had a stone crab eating mine after my lights went off took me awhile to catch him but haven't had a problem since

btldreef

You probably have a hitchhiker of some sort in your tank. It may also be your emeralds, unlikely, but possible. Every time I put emeralds in my tank they become "rogue emeralds".

cranberry

Peeps have reported that their "Yellow Polyps" go crazy and flourish and then at a latter date they start to recede and die off.
My yellow polyps did just this.