yellow polyps

fishyapol

I was looking in my tank today and on my sand bed it seems like there are the heads of my yellow polyps, i can only see 3 for now,, it looks like they are attached to the sand.. they are in full bloom, i always look at my tank everyday so i know it did grow there, i look at the rock where they are all at and i dont see any headless ones.. where did they come from.. the only thing i think is i just got a new emerald crab,, maybe he did it??? but still i dont see any headless polyps.. what could it be?? :thinking:

fishyapol

well what i was thinking was that my emerald crab was cutting off the heads of the polyps, and maybe the currnet was moving the heads of the polyps away somewhere else,, but when i look at the rock where they are all at none of them lool like anything is missing..

fishyapol

well, no more appeared but the 3 are still there.. so i dont know where they came from.. i ll keep an eye on it and let you guys know if anything changes...

N

n_sarno

either they are aptsia or look very very closely... you may have sundial snails.. they eat zoos.. slowly your rock will have less and less.. when they eat them.. polyps tend to fall off.. and attach somewhere else.. maybe thats what is happening.. LOOK VERY CLOSELY FOR TINY LITTLE SNAILS and REMOVE them if you find any.

bigpete

Originally Posted by N_Sarno
either they are aptsia or look very very closely... you may have sundial snails.. they eat zoos.. slowly your rock will have less and less.. when they eat them.. polyps tend to fall off.. and attach somewhere else.. maybe thats what is happening.. LOOK VERY CLOSELY FOR TINY LITTLE SNAILS and REMOVE them if you find any.
good point i didnt think of that