Yellow tail blue damsels

radge69

Anyone have an opinion on them? The wife likes the look of them and wants to have one in the tank. I've read that they are one of the least aggressive of the damsels, but still have some aggression to them. Would be in a tank with mostly passive fish except for a yellow tang that will be added last. TIA

stacyt

I have a couple of the yellow tails. They occassionally chase a fish that gets to close to their hole. Other than that they just seem to hang by themselves. The wife wanted a couple of damsels, and since these seemed to be the least aggressive I went for the yellow tails.

svabek

I have 3 and the biggest one was picking on the medium size one and the clown I added, but he laid off a little lately. He's pretty territorial, but the others are fine. I would still recommend them.

nerdy

I have one and he is somewhat aggresive. He seems to be territorial with one spot of my tank. He we chase anything out of this "area".

scotty

i cycled with 4 of them...they lived, so i decided to try and keep them...i added a hippo tang and they were relentless in their aggression towards it...needless to say they came out very quickly...
scott

stevew

I have 3 in my 75 gallon, left over from the tank cycle, one stays on the left side, one in the middle and on the right side of the tank. Sometimes they show a little aggression to my clownfish, who then puts them in their place. They never try to harrass any one else, not even my blue & gold neon gobies. My 6 line wrasses chases the yellowtail damsels around, he is the most agressive fish in the tank.

chef jaysen

I cycled with three. One harassed another till death. The other hid in a cave and finally came out to be harassed by the other. Tore my lr apart to catch them and sold them back for $.50 each.

azeritis

I am cycling my tank with one of them now. His seems really aggressive towards the two chromis I have. In addition, I bought LR, which I put in th e tank yesterday, and he was actually, attacking and biting my hand.... This should give you a clue I guess.
In my old tank, I never had a trigger or any other aggressive fish bite me. Whereas this little b!@#$@@

S

starfishjackedme

They are a great choice. Mine are very docile and are the least of my worries with the tank.