Yellow tail vs Dottyback

koolaid

I introduced the dottyback into the main tank yesterday. After about five minutes the yellow tail damsel started pushing the dottyback out of the rocks. The dottyback tried to find a spot in the rock to hide from the damsel, but the damsel found him and started fighting with him. I had the lights off and even tried moving the rockwork. Nothing worked. The war seemed to be at a truce so I decided to work on my canopy. I came back in a couple of hours and the damsel and dottyback were still at it. I started to setup the QT as I was going to pull the damsel for a while. I Noticed the two at it again and I believe the dottyback won the battle because the damsel retreated to the corner of the tank. I got the QT setup and I noticed the right eye was cloudy and sticking out a bit on the damsel. I put the damsel in the QT and also noticed the color was blotchy. Also the damsel has not eaten since the fighting. The dottyback seems to be doing fine. He is eating and swimming around. So I have a couple of questions from you guys.
1. What can I do to treat the damsel? Should I just wait?
2. How long should I keep in QT (4 wks)?
3. Should I not reintroduce the damsel in the main tank?
4. What can you guys tell me about the dottyback. Is he territorial? I have read they are towards there own kind. He does not bother the clown or the bleeny.
Sorry for the long note. And thanks for your input.

koolaid

It was hard to feel sorry for the damsel considering he started it and would not stop. I say screw him, but the wife wants to save him.

aarone

ditch the damsel and keep the dotty back, put a strawberry pseudochromis in there and he will not want to fight. Make sure you rearrange the Lr before adding the fish, so they can establish erritory at the same time.