Yellow Tang advice!!!

guitarplr85

hello,
I have been into the hobbie for about two years and just decided to get my first tang. These fish are new to me but I just bought my first yellow tang and it looked good in the store, but when I got him home he had two white stripes down each side of him. He has been acclamating for about ten minutes now, and it is starting to go away. Im just a little confused on what it might be, or if you have any ideas I would appreciate it
thanks

pastor b.

Yellow tangs have that white stripe, there's one on each side of the yellow tang. When the yellow tang goes to sleep, these stripes become more visible, and their color fades,but when they awaken,these lines fade ,while their bright yellow color returns. Don't be alarmed ,this is a normal behavior for yellow tangs.

guitarplr85

feww thats cool he is doing awsome now he is swimming all over and his lines are about gone. Thanks for the help i do appreciate it, I have always been a little nervous to try one of these guys but I have always wanted one and i finally got up enough courage to try one, and I seen these lines and was like oh no. Thanks again

srfisher17

I hope your profile isn't current; IMO, a 45 is way too small to keep a YT long-term. They are extremely hardy fish and will stay alive, but they really need the swimming room to thrive. Oddly, when stressed (like when they are cramped), they will turn whitish again.