Yellow TANG (My first fish for Display Tank) question

H

hammad

well, today i have added my first fish i.e. Yellow TANG in display tank( one month recycled tank)....., my tang was going up and down in the tank for 2 hours but after that she started grazing on the live rocks specially when i switched on my display tank light..... TOUCHWOOD look beautiful in my DT, she is swimming on the front of my DP.. wow...........i want to know, when( after how many days) should i add my next fish in display tank? can i add Spotted Sweetlips now in my DT?
would appreciate your reply

S

siptang

Hammad, don't double post. I already answered your question in the fish section. ;)
Post some pics.

mr. limpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammad http:///t/390957/yellow-tang-my-first-fish-for-display-tank-question#post_3464859
well, today i have added my first fish i.e. Yellow TANG in display tank( one month recycled tank)....., my tang was going up and down in the tank for 2 hours but after that she started grazing on the live rocks specially when i switched on my display tank light..... TOUCHWOOD look beautiful in my DT, she is swimming on the front of my DP.. wow...........i want to know, when( after how many days) should i add my next fish in display tank? can i add Spotted Sweetlips now in my DT?
would appreciate your reply
Sweetlips get huge over 2' long you'll need a 300+ tank for that fish. Please reserch all fish B4 you buy them. Also consider QT your next fish, its hard to treat 2 fish at one time.

btldreef

Hammad, what size tank do you have?
I know there was a discussion going on about your stocking list. A yellow tang as a first fish was not a smart move. These are notoriously aggressive towards newcomers.
A sweetlips is by no means a beginner fish!

xandrew245x

Hammad, what size tank do you have?
I know there was a discussion going on about your stocking list. A yellow tang as a first fish was not  a smart move. These are notoriously aggressive towards newcomers.
A sweetlips is by no means a beginner fish!
+1 Yellow tangs are very territorial, and they should have been the last fish you added, you may have trouble with every fish you add from this point on.

njbillyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x http:///t/390957/yellow-tang-my-first-fish-for-display-tank-question#post_3464974
+1 Yellow tangs are very territorial, and they should have been the last fish you added, you may have trouble with every fish you add from this point on.
Actually, on his original thread multiple people including myself told him to add the tang LAST. Then yesterday he started three identical new threads all saying...Hey I just added my first fish, a Yellow Tang. So I kinda get the feeling this is either a joke or just a pointless discussion. Either way, I'm taking a pass.

H

hammad

sorry guys, i have posted same lines in different threads........sorry for inconvinience

S

siptang

no worries, just an heads up for future reference. People will answer you regardless of how many posts you post about the same thing.

alpha

Yellow tangs CAN be aggressive to newcomers... However I have done lots of research on them because I wanted to add a black tang to my tank. Tangs the same size are a no-no unless you add them at the same time. I have added many of fish after the yellow tang without a problem.

S

siptang

You guys do know that this is an old thread right?
Also Rick, let's tone it down a little and give him a little break. We were all there once.

S

siptang

Lmbo, I like your logic but more fish die on transit because of hobbyists like us demand for it.
But you don't see us stopping this hobby right? so we all are responsible in some way.
In the end of the day, it's a fish. We are humans, we should still be nice to/care for one another regardless in real life or on line. :)
i respect that you care for the fish but just wanted you to see it in different perspective.