Yellow Tang not looking good...

fishytim

For the last couple of days my Yellow Tang has not been looking very good. It is not swimming around very much and has been hanging out at the floor of the tank. I dont know whats going on, it was only a couple of days ago it was bright yellow and looking great. I did a usual water change (about 5 gallons)
Here are the tanks specs...
Nitrite .1 ppm
Copper .1 ppm
Nitrate 2.5 ppm
Ph 8.4
Ammonia 0

yellowtail

is it in qt?some times overdoses of copper kill fish as your is .1 but i dont know the rate at which is normal.also ther should be no traces of nitrite.

fishytim

The only thing I can think is that I had to use tap water to do a water change a week ago...about 10 gallons... I used the conditioner, but i know there is lots of crap in that water...i had a little over flow and had to use it though..

fishytim

I am very upset...
This is the first fish i have lost..
I will NEVER use tap water again even in a emergency!

saltisuzi

I am really sorry about your fish....I have been doing this for about 8 years and have lost lots of fish and corals...it has NEVER gotten easier for me....I get attached immediately!!
I also have had a yellow Tang die....never bought another one.... I go for the hardier species.....
Suz

fishytim

suz-
they have 5 real small ones at a store near me (dont worry its a GREAT shop) once I get everything back to normal I am going to get one. I REALLY enjoy my last one...

fishtanker

Run a Polyfilter to help remove toxins in the tank.l You can do a search on "polyfilter" and find any number of places that sell them.