Yellow Tang Question

sambucus

Yellowtail damsels get too much bad hype towards them. There actually more like chromis family then any of the others damsels. I agree with big pat, yellow tail damsels aggressive, not at all, domino and humbug damsels yeah I could see that, but depends on how old they are too.

big pat

My yellow tang was in a tank with a very aggressive 6" lunar wrasse at the pet store before I got him. Could this be the reason why he is such a pansy?

nycbob

yeah my yellow tang is the 1st one to come out and beg for food. he began begging for food after 1 day of having him. maybe u got the introvert yellow tang (jk). that is definitely weird tho. i guess is he wants another tang-mate, like a sailfin or naso.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by Big Pat
My yellow tang was in a tank with a very aggressive 6" lunar wrasse at the pet store before I got him. Could this be the reason why he is such a pansy?
If that was a year ago that can't be the reason why it doesnt eat today. How big is the tang? As it is I would say that you are overstocked so I wouldnt add any other fish at all.

b4rrett

ive had my small yellow tang for over 3 months at although it eats really well it is also very shy. if i go near the tank it darts to the back of the live rock. if i move away it will come out but usually hangs round the back of the rocks. mine is also a 75 gallon tank.
Gareth

saltymac

why do you think they call them "tangs"? i have a yt and sailfin they hide most of the time when you walk into the room, but if food is involved......get outta their way. i'm guessin tank space has him wigged out. of course, jmo. good luck.