yellow tang (sick)

crabbie

Yellow tang has light brown blotching on both sides,and one cloudy eye.tang has been in 150 gal tank for 2 weeks,also in tank 2 wrasses,puffer,2damsels,several crabs,choc chip starfish,1 vary small snail ,and a clown.tank has been up for several months.water test all fine,water temp 78. filters include 1 aquaclear 500,bio-wheel 330 and bio-matrix with 4 cartridges.no live rock or live coral , 1-2 inches of crushed coral base. Tang also not eating much at all. please help

kris walker

I don't know about what the cause of the disease, but if you don't get help in time (or if you are just too anxious to wait), you may consider going to the LFS and picking up a package of Maracyn-2, opening it, and looking at the disease chart in there. Along with my freshwater disease problems (I have about 6 years experience there), this chart has taught me a lot.
Oh, one more thing. You say all your water parameters are fine. By the other things you report, I wonder about your nitrates. I would guess that you have to do water changes often. What level do you let the nitrates get to before you do the water change?
sam

ren

Just a guess but I think your problem is behavorial. I had a yellow tang that was fighting with my purple tang and I noticed that his sides would get very dark as if bruised. Once I got them seperated his color returned and I saw the side blotches return when he got spooked in the isolation tank. have you noticed any fighting between it and any of your other fish?