Yellow Tang vs. Clowns

neowind

I bought 2 False Percula's last night and they got along great with the Yellow Tang during lights on period, but the second I turned the lights off the Tang was constantly attacking them. I turned the lights back on and he was friendly with them again. So I ran an Actinic light all night long so he would not kill them. But this morning when I was leaving for work I turned the actinic off because it had been on all night. The tang started attacking again.
Anyone know why this might be?

neowind

Well hopefully he will stop. The clowns are acting like they are on crack!! Maybe they are getting on his nerves. I guess they got no sleep at all last night because they just kept buzzing accross the tank at 100 mph. I just hope they are not dead when I get home. They don't seem to even care he is attacking them they ignore him.

fishtails

Same guy from --. :D
I'd think that it's a territorial thing. The tang will let them know who's boss, then he'll lighten up on them. Most all fish will have territorial disputes with others until they become more accomidated to the tank.
It should subside within a few days.

neowind

The tang is in the 54g reef setup. Pods are Copepods, Amphipods, ect little bugs that run around on live rock and your sand that Mandarin fish like to eat. I breed them in a 10g tank.

daredevil

oh ok.:) Thanks I am a newbie and just saw 10gal and tang. Thanks So pods are good cause I am gonna get some live rock slowly in 2 pounds incraments.