yellow tang

luvnluk

Could someone please post a pic. of their yellow tang...I want to compare to mine 'cause I think he's getting fat (is that possible for a fish?????) My bio load is very low, esp. with my LR, so he's well fed.

drakken

It would be good if you can post a pic for us to look at. If your tang is fat and active then it's doing great.

luvnluk

I wish I could post a pic...soon I will be able to!!! However, he's very active and begs for food when I stand close to the tank (well, he swims up to me). I really feel that I'm feeding him well....should I re-think?:confused:

thisistodd

what are you feeding your tang? i have not seen mine eat for the week ive had him but he seems to be doing good. ive tried many different foods including lettuce (which i cant get to sink anyways) but he eats nothing.

crazy4reefs

i feed my tang sheets of Seaweed Selects (green marine algae) they make clips that suction to the glass that will hold it. also some people use a small piece of live rock and a rubber band. i also feed Formula Two, along with some other stuff but it is inportant that they get the algae in there diet.. if your tang wont eat you could soak it in garlic extract and that should entice him.

tyr-sog

Here's a picture of mine. He's 5" or so and healthy. He eats anything I throw in the tank(Mysis, Seaweed selects, Angel formula,formula 2, flakes, pellets, clam, etc.) and grazes all day and the algea on the back of the glass.

marineman

i go to the local oriental fooe store and buy dry seaweed sheets called ( nori). its much cheaped than the lfs and websites, all 6 of my tangs love it
:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

luvnluk

Thanks for the replies! I think my Tang is happy....he's king of the tank and eats well (He gets a wide variety of foods):) He fulfills everything I want for fish, so now I'm just going to expand on my clean-up crew:happy: