Yellow Tangs For 2$!?!?!?

tankyou

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG
JUST 1 FOR MY 50 GALLON!!??!? what happens if i get 3 anyways? LOL!

The tang police come a' knockin' :scared:

royal gang

ehe, it's about 22 inches width, 22 inches length, and about 36inches high, it's basically like a square, but a rectangle going up

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by Darknes
Lol, I was half tempted to start a thread, "So I got my $2 Yellow Tang, but he doesn't look very happy in my Beta Bowl. What's wrong?"

my god
:hilarious . The tang police would have been all over that post let alone every one else with thier tails in a knot and rightful. It still would have been a great little gotcha type post.

N

nereef

that tank won't have the swimming room for one tang, let alone 3, imo.

brucewrs

I am not sure but I heard you have to keep an odd amount of Yellow Tangs in a tank or the will all gang up and kill one. Not sure if this is true.

brucewrs

I read somewhere that they put 21 Tangs in one tank and 20 in another.The tank with 21 had no problems,but the tank with 20 killed one and then had no problems after that since there were only 19 left.Strange.. :notsure:

royal gang

crazy, so...maybe it's odd # well i don't want 1 i want 2 atleast which prolly meens ill get 3 well if you actually imagine them in an aquarium all you see is yellow tangs swimming lol
:cheer:

N

nereef

why...so you can kill 3 tangs instead of 1? this tank has the same horizontal swimming room as a 10gal.

hagfish

Royal, NEreef is right. Tangs really should have at least 48" of swimming room in a straight line. I wouldn't get any tangs for that tank. If you want a yellow fish I recommend one of the yellow dwarf angels. They look just as good, but they don't need as much room.
If you put 3 in that tank, there is really very little chance ANY of them will live long term. And once one dies, your whole tank will be at risk. Especially since you will have the even # you mention which will likely fight to another death. Really, in a tank that short in length I wouldn't be surprised if none of the 3 got along because there isn't enough room for territories.

royal gang

ok, well im not getting 3 then, but just keep in mind that the territories can go up in levels ***)
also because the tank goes upwards