yellow toadstool problem?

laffit

I got a yellow toadstool over the weekend. It looked fine until Tues AM, it had started slumping. Now its completely fallen over. The stalk has narrowed by about 25% too. The color has remained the same
My water parameters are good and have remained consistent since cyling three months ago. Everything else looks good.
not the best pic, maybe i can do better if needed. any ideas???

nycbob

as long as the polyps r extended, u r fine. unlike other leathers, yellow leathers grow close to the rockwork.

mrdc

I bought a yellow toadstool a couple of weeks ago and the polyps weren’t extending for a few days and it was slumped over. Finally they started to extend and now it stands erect. I would just give yours time but it looks fine right now.
I also wanted to add that an older TS I had didn't stand upright well until I moved it up higher. I guess it wanted higher light.

laffit

thanks guys.
the polyps are still out and the color is the same, but its come completely off the piece of rock it was originally attached to and its still slumped over.

acrylic51

Yellows can be touchy.... They are alittle more sensitive to light and water movement as other leathers aren't as picky. You could try moving it up a bit in the tank. What type of light was it under in the LFS?