Yellow Watchman Goby question!!!!

moray345

Well I gave into temptation and bought it as a semi-impulse buy well I tryed to feed him and he ate:cheer: But I have a question do these do the same thing jawfishes do you konw like bring shells around their hole/cave/burrow? :notsure:
Tanks,
Moray345

gati

my goby is constantly bringing shells and small peices of rock into his cave. I also have a small sea fan that he will move to cover the entrance. Then I have to move it away to feed him his shrimp. It's a constant battle.

funkyman

I haven't seen my Watchman in three days now. I can see where his burrow is, but is it normal for them to stay out of sight for so long? I want to make sure he's getting food.

gati

hm, I might go a day without seeing mine, but eventually he gets hungry and comes out. try tempting him with a freeze dried shrimp-that's what mine loves. wave it in front of his burrow.

toughguy80

Yup, mine disappeared for so long at 1st I gave him up for dead. About 3 weeks later however, I see his little head stickin out from under a rock lol. My bet is he's fine Funk. If your worried, I say move the LR if your up for it, see if he's still alive. If he is, from that point forward I wouldn't worry, and count on him being alive. I've had mine for about 5 months and I've only seen him on a daily basis for the past month or so. Mines very shy:yes:

funkyman

I hope you're right. The whole reason I bought him in the first place was how much I liked him. I can't lift the rock up I think he's under. Too much destruction needed for that. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for him.

funkyman

Well folks....bad news.
I don't know where he came from, or how long he's been in my tank, but I shown a flashlight in there at about 2 AM Monday (to see if the Camel back shrimp were bothering the corals) and........GYAAAAAA!!!!! What the??!!.....etc.... There was a Stone Crab sitting there. He scurried into the burrow (I thought was for my watchman) so I think we all know what happened there. He's also done in both of my firefish gobies.:mad:
What a shocker. I've heard of small hitch hikers and all, but I had no idea the stone crab was in there. He's a pretty fair size. I am now waging warfare with him in an effort to get him trapped / evicted. My first attempt will be a mantis shrimp trap baited with krill.
Is there anything better he might go after? Any one want a stone crab??
:nope: