Yellow Watchman Goby turning white?

hallzy

I got a yellow watchman Goby for my 29 gallon coral tank about 3 weeks ago, and about 3 days after i got him he turned white. i thought he wasnt gonna make it, but hes still going strong, doesn't look skinny, is eating well and everything! Any ideas why this is?

btldreef

Mine has lost all of his color and is a very pale yellow/almost white and has been this way for 3 years.
They do loose their color with age, and stress.

hallzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/385713/yellow-watchman-goby-turning-white#post_3383996
Mine has lost all of his color and is a very pale yellow/almost white and has been this way for 3 years.
They do loose their color with age, and stress.
Well I dont think its age because I just got him, and he lost his color within 3 days, but it is most likly stress, because I have a mirrored back and he didn't like it very much! lol He spent his first few weeks in a home that he made towards the back of the tank, but I have noticed now that he now has himself a home facing the front of the tank as well, and he even has a LITTLE bit of color back, so hopefully he has givin up on attacking himself in the mirror. haha I have tried to catch him to move him to my other tank that I am just setting up and establishing (been set up for a few months and only has a few rocks and a damsel at the moment, not even any substrate yet) that doesn't have a mirrored back, but hes not having it. I guess I will just let him go and hope that he gives up attacking the mirror for good. I will keep this post updated if anything changes! Thanks for the info!