Yellow watchman issue

reb

I have a 28 gallon nano tank with mainly coral, 2 clownfish, and a fire fish. A couple of months ago I added a yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp. I saw it for one day and never again. 2 days ago I ordered a few corals and another watchman. It is coming tomorrow and tonight out of the blue my yellow watchman comes out of hiding for 2 months. Now what? Can I add another one to the tank?

gemmy

I don't think I would keep two watchmen gobies in the same tank. They can be pretty aggressive.

superman

Yeah 2 = bad news bears. Typically when "losing" a goby check two things. 1. the floor. carpet diving is common among gobies. 2. rocks. sometimes fish can be sneaky little guys as you've noticed. If you think a fish died, typically you'll see a body somewhere along the way. Aquarium inhabitants can be quite evasive. I posted recently about a crab I found that's probably been in my tank for 5 years and I've never seen it until recently.

snakeblitz33

Give it a shot, you never know till you try. If it becomes an issue, sell it to a live fish store. lol
It also depends on how big your tank is.

superman

28 gallon which is why i thought probably not gonna happen. But hey if it's already on the way, give it a whirl lol.

reb

What would be better. Trying it in my 28 nano with one in there already or my brothers 75 gallon with a large blue spot in there already?

btldreef

Since the one is already established in your tank, I wouldn't add another. I had a mated pair in a 155 and one day my male just turned and killed the female. I wouldn't even attempt a mated pair in a 28, let alone an unmated pair, especially since one has a pistol shrimp.