yellowhead moray??

reefer123

are they hard to keep?
what do you fed them?
and what would be a good size tank for one?
my LFS had one in and it was the coolest fish ever. ***)
thanks.

reeftank27

they get very big and grow fast, my buddy had one and everytime i went over to his place it was bigger, his loved clams and silversides. very nice eel. how much are they asking for it?

aw2

That's a Fimbriated and no, they dont get very big...max out around 32".
They will, however, kill anything and everything in your tank...fish, inverts, other eels...you name it, it'll end up dead.
If you choose to get it, you should keep it in a tank byitself, unless you consider the other fish expendable. Feed a big variety of very meaty fish...grouper, salmon, squid, octo, etc.

cartman101

32'' is a nice size moray, not to big not to small. But this eel will cause hell in your tank. Go with a goldentail moray
Beautiful eels and peaceful

boalgf

I've heard people say this eel will kill everything in your tank, but that seems a little general. Has anyone here actually owned one? I have a tank with large fish like an emp angel, porc puffer, tangs all over 6 inches. I could see how a tess or green moray could easily make these dinner.
Anyone have personal (not, "my friend says his..") experience with these eels and keeping them with other large aggressive/fast fish?

sigmachiny

Yes, I've had one, and yes... they will kill everything in your tank. The picture on this page:
http://www.grizzlyrun.com/Pets/Fish/...el/Default.htm
is the actual eel we had in our office tank. It started to consume all of the other fish in the tank, so it found a new home. The one we had wasn't more than 15" and actually ate a 4-5" lawnmower blenny.
Listen to AW2, his post is accurate!

crox

Originally Posted by SigmaChiNY
Yes, I've had one, and yes... they will kill everything in your tank. The picture on this page:
http://www.grizzlyrun.com/Pets/Fish/...el/Default.htm
is the actual eel we had in our office tank. It started to consume all of the other fish in the tank, so it found a new home. The one we had wasn't more than 15" and actually ate a 4-5" lawnmower blenny.
Listen to AW2, his post is accurate!

Where did you bring it?