yerboy's 29gal biocube

yerboy

I will be adding a few more lbs of Lr from my other tank in the next few days. got some rics that will be here in the morning
. So im going to get them attached to the rocks they will be going on while they are still in my aquapod.
Cant decide on putting a 175w Mh or a 250w MH on this tank.
Im going to build a canopy for it and decide on what light to use once its built and i can see how well it looks.
Anyone else put a 250w on a tank that small? Im worried there will be way to much heat. What u guys think?
Those MJ1200's are on a wave maker , i added them when i started seeing the red slime creeping up " about 2 days ago".
And dont flip out on me the shark was hatched in this tank and im keeping her in there untill i know she is feeding properly.
You can see the tank she will be going into on the agro board.

yerboy

Originally Posted by kidreef
beautiful tank i cant w8 till my 29g looks that nice and that shark is sweet 2 thumbs up

Hey you just posted on my 265 tank thread on the agro forums... i knew i had seen that avatar before.
Thanks, every piece of rock and coral u see in that picture was put in there today, and all the rock that was in that tank is now in my 12 gal aquapod.
I didnt notice how empty the tank looked until i posted the pics so im gonna add 1 or 2 more large pieces of rock to raise the total height of the rocks.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by yerboy
Hey you just posted on my 265 tank thread on the agro forums... i knew i had seen that avatar before.
Thanks, every piece of rock and coral u see in that picture was put in there today, and all the rock that was in that tank is now in my 12 gal aquapod.
I didnt notice how empty the tank looked until i posted the pics so im gonna add 1 or 2 more large pieces of rock to raise the total height of the rocks.

Looks sweet that shark is awesome
. Your gorgonian has necrosis though..im sure you know but it may not make it.

yerboy

here a re a few more pics taken today

Stock list
Purple Fire Fish
Red Fire Fish
Yellow Watchman
Black Clown Goby
2x Cleaner shrimp
Pistol Shrimp
Brittle Starfish
Not sure about my cleanup crew as they came from other tanks and i never counted how much hitchhiked or whatnot
I also plan on adding a pair of clowns later, not sure if i want the black percs or just the false percs.

mike22cha

Awesome,though did your shark bump the rocks and corals all over the tank? I'd put them closer together so the shark has more room to swim, IMO.

yerboy

he is moving into the 265 tomorrow, he is feeding now every time i try to feed him so im satisfied he will be ok.

fish addict

I have a 250W MH over my tank plus 2 65w actinics and the water is fine b/c the light is 18" above the tank. So it depends on what you want your tank to be, if you want it to be an SPS tank I would go with the 250W but if you just want a mixed reef I would go with the 150W and any SPS kept near the top of the tank so they get enough light.

yerboy

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
what else is in the 265g?
dogface puffer
maroon clown
hippo tang
lawnmower blenny
red emperor snapper
6 large hermit crabs
i just found this on a diffrent site
The red emperor is a superb finfish to eat and its white, juicy flesh is delicious served either hot or cold. It is a stunning finfish for display, both for its bright red head and skin and its impressive size. It can be cooked whole (gilled and gutted) by baking, steaming, or deep frying, but is also ideal in fillet form for grilling, barbecuing, steaming and frying. If deep frying or grilling whole larger varieties, score the flesh first.
The flavours of teriyaki complement this species and it can be marinated in similar flavours. Try poaching in coconut milk or apple cider for a refreshing change.
The gut cavity can be filled with a mixture of herbs, rice, breadcrumbs and nuts before baking.
The skeleton and head are excellent for use in stocks, sauce bases, soups and bouillabaisse. The wings are superb crispy deep fried.
So when he gets to big for the tank im gonna cook it!1

yerboy

Originally Posted by fish addict
I have a 250W MH over my tank plus 2 65w actinics and the water is fine b/c the light is 18" above the tank. So it depends on what you want your tank to be, if you want it to be an SPS tank I would go with the 250W but if you just want a mixed reef I would go with the 150W and any SPS kept near the top of the tank so they get enough light.
ok thanks for the reply.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by yerboy
dogface puffer
maroon clown
hippo tang
lawnmower blenny
red emperor snapper
6 large hermit crabs
i just found this on a diffrent site
The red emperor is a superb finfish to eat and its white, juicy flesh is delicious served either hot or cold. It is a stunning finfish for display, both for its bright red head and skin and its impressive size. It can be cooked whole (gilled and gutted) by baking, steaming, or deep frying, but is also ideal in fillet form for grilling, barbecuing, steaming and frying. If deep frying or grilling whole larger varieties, score the flesh first.
The flavours of teriyaki complement this species and it can be marinated in similar flavours. Try poaching in coconut milk or apple cider for a refreshing change.
The gut cavity can be filled with a mixture of herbs, rice, breadcrumbs and nuts before baking.
The skeleton and head are excellent for use in stocks, sauce bases, soups and bouillabaisse. The wings are superb crispy deep fried.
So when he gets to big for the tank im gonna cook it!1

How could you?! Ya I told my dad about them, and he said, I think I've had snapper before. Disgusting.
Nice list. Are you still looking for a shark in there and what kind? Still lookin for a marbled?

bill109

do u have any problems with mixing the firefish?
are there any restirctions with it?
i wanted to buy a fire and a purple firefish
thanks
-bill109

yerboy

i haven't had any problems with mixing them. they where even in the same tank at my lfs when i got them.