Yerboy's DIY Frag tank

aw2x3

P-I-M-P...pimp!
Hell of a job, for a DIY project! That looks like a professional, manufacturer bought setup! Definately deserves a pat on the back...and, you need to build me one. lol

yerboy

first of all thanks for all the positive comments.
now on to the update:
i removed the overflow and just raised my pipes up to the height i want to keep the water at. And as requested here are the pics of top down with pumps off. note this is with only 2 MH burning and my camera's exposure set at 1/160 of a second. anything lower then that and its just to bright. With all 3 burning i think i had camera set at 1/300th like the pictures posted above.

and a pic of my test frag thats been in the tank about a week and seems to be doing great.

and a few pics of the frags and corals that will be fraged that will soon be placed in this tank.

rushprop

Thanks for the updated pics. That thing is going to look so sweet filled with frags!!!!
I deffinetly think you could make some money off a setup like that if you were interested in it. I could see something like that in my lFS for a pretty penny. Keep it up, keep us posted on the frags.

yerboy

Originally Posted by privatejoker
http:///forum/post/2691853
That is one sweet set up. If the wife would let me I give it a try. If you don't mind how much was the tank its to build?
for just the tank i spent $100 on acrylic
also got my AquaC-EV 180 put in today
this is after 3-4 hours will air valve at about 20%

rushprop

Doesnt matter how many times I come back to this thread I love that setup. Made everything so simple to use, and yet didnt waste 1000 dollars getting a bunch of unneccisary things, just made it work. AND, The skimmer drain definnetly tops this whole project off. congrats.

I have to find a place to put one of those. The DIY equipment had to be less than half of the regular equipment and it still looks great.

There the two by two tiles that come in 12x12 sheets or are they seperate. I'm heading to home depot today, surpise I'm in constuction, I'll take a look around. Do you have any frags in that tank yet?